Well before we start how to setup a multi site .Let us know why do we need a multisite and what is a multisite ?
What is a mutisite?
It is setup of multiple sites that allows you to manage multiple sites from one wordpress installation .
User base also remains common across all the sites ..
A user on one site in a multisite network can login to another site on that network using same credentials .
Why do we need it ?
1. If you are setting up your site in multiple languages and wants common user base across all languages sites exclusively.
2. An organisation that have various fields .
Setting up multiste :
1. First of all just go throgh a normal installation of wordpress .
refer this link for that : https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Well it takes simple 5 to 6 steps .
2. after simply installing wordpress please just goto your wp-config.php(it is in root of your wordpress install ) file and put the given code :
/* Multisite */ define( 'WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true );
3. After putting that simple line please reload your admin panel .In your wp-admin -> tools panel you’ll see a new option ” Network Setup ” .
Just click on it and you’ll see a screen like this :
4. Now just follow the steps mentioned in that screen.Copy the code and paste it in your wp-config.php file :
5. Now its turn for the next step that is mentioned on the nextwork setup screen .Copy the other code and paste it in your .htaccess file that you’ll find in root of your setup :
That is all .Your multisite is ready to go .
Now go ahead and create sites from Network admin -> My sites -> sites :
After site is created then you can go ahead like simple setup of a wordpress site for each site created by clikcing on dashboard :
This was a setup tutorial of multisite .For more please refer this link : http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-install-and-setup-wordpress-multisite-network/